Our engagements are intentionally flexible to make sure we're focused on solving your problems and not on enormous contracts. We try to keep things simple, but can always customize things to meet your specific needs:
- Our packaged offerings are a based on a fixed-price and pre-allocated resource model.
- We bill on a Time & Materials basis unless otherwise agreed upon - including overages on our fixed price offerings.
- Every month, we budget time for our architects and engineers to engage - the breakdown of this time is generally something we work out after we've done some assessment, but is generally a 50/50 split.
- We generally see the first few weeks as a great opportunity to do some assessment and planning, and generally produce a roadmap-like document to act as our shared go-forward strategy.
- We primarily work remotely, but if there's a need or desire to travel or meet in person, we simply ask our customers to cover the cost of travel and incidentals.
- This engagement's focused on pairing strategy and engineering coaching together. If you're just looking for a more strategic/planning-level engagement, you should check out our Cloud Architect offering.
- At a minimum we'll check in monthly on progress and have open discussion about future engagement every 2-3 months.
- Occasionally, you might need a little more help than we planned. As much as we can, we work to accommodate these less predictable needs on a case-by-case basis.
- We do ask for a minimum of 30 days notice to cancel ongoing engagements such as this.